LOGANSPORT, Ind. (WLFI) — A pork processing plant in Logansport is on its second day of shutdown due to "unsanitary conditions." The Tyson Fresh Meats plant in Cass County halted production as of yesterday.
A Tyson spokesperson said it was due to a "production related issue," which the USDA confirms included unsanitary conditions.
They would not be more specific, and couldn't say how long the plant would be closed.
Tyson says it hopes to reopen quickly.
- Cass County Tyson plant temporarily shut down
- Tyson Foods and Logansport Memorial Hospital to fight substance abuse in Cass County
- One dead in Cass County crash
- Cass County Community Talks Wind Farm Proposal
- Cass County Sheriff's Office investigating hotel fire
- Indiana fire station temporarily shut due to bedbugs, ants
- Cass County bust turns up butane honey oil, marijuana
- Many rally in Cass County over immigration policy
- British company drops plans for Cass/Miami County wind farm
- North River Road to temporarily close Monday