WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (Purdue Sports) — Purdue senior Vincent Edwards will miss Sunday's game vs. Penn State after spraining his left ankle in practice Saturday. His status moving forward will be questionable for the remaining regular-season games against Illinois on Thursday and Minnesota next Sunday.
Edwards, a Wooden and Naismith Award candidate, is averaging 14.9 points, 7.8 rebounds and 3.0 assists per game for the No. 6-ranked Boilermakers.
The Boilermakers (23-5 overall) hosts Penn State (19-9) at 8 p.m., ET, at Mackey Arena on the Big Ten Network.
- VIDEO: What does Vincent Edwards' injury mean for Purdue Sunday night?
- How is Vincent Edwards' injury absence most felt on the court?
- Why did Vincent Edwards sit the last 7 minutes of Sunday's game?
- Vincent Edwards named to Julius Erving Award watch list
- Vincent Edwards named Big Ten Player of Week
- Vincent Edwards to represent Big Ten in 3-on-3 tournament
- Purdue's Carsen, Vincent Edwards named to late-season Wooden Award watch list
- POSTGAME COVERAGE: Purdue gets back in win column, despite Edwards' injury
- Fugitive found: Wytona Edwards
- Edwards helps No. 20 Purdue rout Chicago State 111-42