Photo Gallery 1 Images
TIPPECANOE COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) — Two people have died following a crash in Montmorenci Saturday.
It happened around 10:40 p.m. near the intersection of U.S. 52 and U.S. 231.
Witnesses told deputies a truck was headed west on U.S. 52 when it lost control.
It slid off the road and rolled several times. Forty-three-year-old Craig Norris of Lafayette was pronoucned dead at the scene. Police say Norris was driving.
A passenger, 36-year-old Tessa Hamelman of Oxford, was taken to a hospital and later pronounced dead.
Police said Norris and Hamelman were not wearing seat belts.
Tippecanoe County Sheriff's Deputy Austin Burris was one of the first to arrive at the scene.
He said the crash is a tragic reminder of the importance of taking it slow when the roads are slick.
The crash remains under investigation.
- 2 dead after Montmorenci crash
- Clinton County man found dead after crash
- One dead after Clinton Co. crash
- 2 dead in Martin County crash
- Marion man dead after two-vehicle crash
- One dead in Cass County crash
- ISP says 2 dead in I-65 crash
- Six dead in Australia seaplane crash
- 1 dead in two-vehicle Peru crash
- 3 dead after helicopter crashes into home