LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) - Court documents are shedding more light on a stabbing involving multiple people on Friday in Lafayette.
27-year-old Willis Smith has been placed on a 72-hour hold.
According to court documents, on Friday afternoon in the 1600 block of Perdue Street, police found three people in the home, covered in blood.
Officers then found Smith, lying face down and intoxicated. The victims told police Smith was swinging a large sword and he attacked them as they tried to take the weapon away.
One victim was cut, another had been bitten by Smith.
Pam Smith had a minor defensive wound but refused medical attention.
Franklin France was injured and taken to the hospital.
Willis Smith was also taken to the hospital with an injury.
- Court documents shed more light on stabbing
- Seminar sheds light on crime prevention
- New traffic Lights in Montmorenci
- Triple stabbing reported in Lafayette
- Lafayette man arrested after stabbing
- Happy Hollow Light Project nears completion
- New traffic light comes to Wabash Landing
- Attorney: Federal agents seize documents from Trump lawyer
- Indiana couple donates documents to Abraham Lincoln library
- Homeless man charged in stabbing case sentenced