LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) - A package containing 10 pounds of marijuana is now off the streets in Lafayette. This comes after it was discovered by a shipping company.
Lafayette police got the call around noon on Thursday.
A shipping company was unable to deliver the package because of an issue with the address. Under policy, the company opened the package to see if they could find an address or name. That's when they discovered the marijuana.
Lt. Scott Galloway said the marijuana had a street value of around $10,000.
"The drugs are off the street, which is a good thing. The marijuana will eventually be destroyed and be in our property room. If there's any other leads or anything that comes along with that, then I would send that to the drug task force," said Galloway.
If anybody has any information regarding the package, call Lafayette police or the anonymous WeTip Hotline at 1-800-78-CRIME.
- Shipping company finds 10 pounds of marijuana in package
- Cabinet company ships 'warped' doors
- 114 pounds of marijuana seized in Lincoln
- Police seize 150 pounds of marijuana in traffic stop
- Marijuana bust leads to 476 pounds seized following traffic stop
- ISP K-9 discovers 120 pound of marijuana during traffic stop
- Indiana traffic stop nets 78 pounds of marijuana
- Arkansas Highway Police Seize 340 Pounds Of Marijuana In Second Weigh Station Drug Bust
- WL couple charged after police find heroin and marijuana
- Texas Man Caught With 10 Pounds Of Cocaine In Springdale