Photo Gallery 1 Images
LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) -- Learning how to protect yourself in a dangerous situation may be easier than you think.
The Rape Aggression Defense System known as "RAD" teaches women skills for self-defense. The classes are being offered on Feb. 10 and 11.
Crime Prevention and Community Outreach Specialist Shana Wainscott said this program will help women react to unpredictable situations.
"The whole point of this class is obviously having the courage to defend yourself, so we don't want you to get to that point where you become a victim, whether it's domestic violence or sexual assault or even possibly rape, we don't want you to get to that point where basically you freeze so you don't know what to do," she said. "We want to give you skills or techniques that you cn use to try to get yourself out of that situation."
Anyone above the age of 13, with a signed parental waiver can join.
The classes are also modified to your physical fitness levels and can accommodate wheelchair accessibility.
To sign up online, click here.
- LPD to offer women's self defense class
- LPD offers rape aggression defense class
- LPD to host RAD Kids classes
- LPD celebrates distinguished officer
- LPD officer suspended
- Purdue considers offering classes during winter break
- LPD looking for missing woman
- LPD investigating attempted armed robbery
- LPD investigating Broadway Street shooting
- LPD officer faces misconduct allegation