ALLEN COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) — Two people have walked away with only minor injuries after a serious crash in Allen County Wednesday.
Police say it happened at around 9:10 a.m. when a car driven by 50-year-old Loretta N. Sassmannshausen of Fort Wayne was headed eastbound on Vandolah Road near the crossing of Tonkel Road.
When Sassmannshausen's SUV entered the intersection, it struck a northbound car driven by 72-year-old David W. Bohren of Leo, sending it into a ditch before hitting a tree and rolling onto its top.
Police say airbags and safety belts lessened the potential danger of the crash to the drivers.
Sassmannshausen was taken to Parkview Regional Medical Center with minor injuries and was cited for failing to yield the right of way.
Bohren refused medical treatment.
- 2 walk away from serious crash in Allen County
- Paul Allen Fast Facts
- Accidental overdose of 31 people at Allen County Jail
- Fentanyl exposure at Allen County jail traced to inmate mail
- Wethersfield walks for dreamers
- Dylan Farrow: Why does Woody Allen get a pass?
- List of actors refusing to work with Woody Allen grows
- CHiPS Hosts Historical Cemetery Walk
- Man Walks Next Door For Haircut After Crashing SUV Into Deli
- Clinton County man found dead after crash