JASPER COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) — A Demotte man was arrested on Wednesday after child porn and narcotics were found in his home.
Police say on Jan. 9, an estate executor working at a Jasper County home discovered what was believed to be child pornography at the home of 33-year-old Raymond W. Upthegrove.
A search of the home conducted the next day by the Jasper County Sheriff’s Office Tactical Team turned up digital evidence as well as narcotics.
Upthegrove was taken in on preliminary charges of dealing in methamphetamine, possession of methamphetamine, maintaining a common nuisance, possession of marijuana and possession of paraphernalia. Sheriff’s detectives will continue the investigation to include possible charges of possessing child pornography.
The warrant was served with assistance from the Indiana State Police Cybercrime Unit and the Rensselaer Police Department.
- Child porn, narcotics allegedly found in Demotte man's home
- Demotte man accused of stabbing wife to death
- Child porn found on laptop, phone leads to charges against Lafayette man
- Lafayette man sentenced after pleading guilty to child porn possession
- Man facing prison time on federal child porn charges
- Illinois man is charged with multiple counts of dealing narcotics
- 18-year sentence handed to Lafayette man for dealing in narcotics
- Man charged, allegedly chokes child until face turns blue
- Man found guilty of child molestation
- Child found alone leads to neglect charges for Lafayette man