JASPER COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) — A Demotte man was arrested on Wednesday after child porn and narcotics were found in his home.
Police say on Jan. 9, an estate executor working at a Jasper County home discovered what was believed to be child pornography at the home of 33-year-old Raymond W. Upthegrove.
A search of the home conducted the next day by the Jasper County Sheriff’s Office Tactical Team turned up digital evidence as well as narcotics.
Upthegrove was taken in on preliminary charges of dealing in methamphetamine, possession of methamphetamine, maintaining a common nuisance, possession of marijuana and possession of paraphernalia. Sheriff’s detectives will continue the investigation to include possible charges of possessing child pornography.
The warrant was served with assistance from the Indiana State Police Cybercrime Unit and the Rensselaer Police Department.
- Child porn, narcotics allegedly found in Demotte man's home
- Child porn found on laptop, phone leads to charges against Lafayette man
- Lafayette man sentenced after pleading guilty to child porn possession
- Illinois man is charged with multiple counts of dealing narcotics
- 18-year sentence handed to Lafayette man for dealing in narcotics
- Man found guilty of child molestation
- Child found alone leads to neglect charges for Lafayette man
- Battle Ground man allegedly attacked by hired hand
- Scottsburg man in jail after allegedly caught with fake heroin
- Intimidation charges filed against man for allegedly threatening police