LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) -- Franciscan Health celebrated its first born baby of 2018 on Monday.
At five pounds and 13 ounces baby Emery Dea Rickey was the first baby born at Franciscan.
Her mother Daryl Steelman and father Darrin Rickey of Lockport said she was due Jan 6 but instead arrived at 7:11 Monday morning.
Emery has two older siblings, seven-year-old sister and a brother who is 18-months-old.
"It's amazing! I got a brand new baby girl and my world is complete. I couldn't ask for anything more," said Steelman.
Emery's delivery was much easier for Steelman than her previous deliveries.
"When I had my son we were in labor for 33 hours. She went a lot quicker than we expected," said Steelman.
Emery also recieved a gift basket courtesy of the Franciscan Health Auxillary Lafayette and Franciscan Health Gift Shops.
- Franciscan Health celebrates their first baby of 2018
- HIGHLIGHTS/BRACKETS: Franciscan Health Hoops Classic
- Franciscan Health Lafayette East's campus expanding
- Franciscan Health holds discussion about suicide prevention
- Franciscan Health Lafayette unveils new rehabilitation gym
- Franciscan Health Lafayette opens new West Tower
- Franciscan Health hosts Safe Kids Day
- HIGHLIGHTS: Franciscan Health Girls Hoops Classic (First Round)
- Visitor restrictions to be placed on Franciscan Health facilities
- Franciscan Health Lafayette rated five star hospital facility