LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) -- A Fowler family rang in the new year with a new family member.
The first baby born in 2018 in IU Health Arnett was a boy named Perrin Michael Barsteika.
Erin and Mike Barsteika welcomed their baby boy Perrin at 5:11 a.m. Monday.
Perrin weighed eight pounds and 11 ounces and was 21 and a half inches long.
The Barsteikas went to the hospital on New Year's Eve, Perrin's actual due date, but he wasn't born until the following morning.
Erin and Mike said they were a little worried when they had to have an emergency C-Section.
"To hear that first cry, I knew he was out and was starting to feel comfortable but you don't have that just overwhelming joy hit you until you hear that cry, and I saw him over there on the table and it was just, relief but so much joy," said Mike.
The couple said they are glad the wait for baby Perrin is over.
"This lived up to everything I wanted it to be honestly. It was amazing," said Mike. "And I've been ready since December 1st to get him out so I'm just very happy to have him on the outside now," said Erin.
Perrin is Erin and Mike's first child.
- IU Health Arnett welcomes first baby of 2018
- IU Health Arnett celebrates Graduate Medical Education Day
- IU Health Arnett receives accreditation from American College of Cardiology
- Franciscan Health celebrates their first baby of 2018
- The Fort Wayne Children’s Zoo welcomes baby giraffe
- IU student diagnosed with measles
- Purdue faces IU in Red Kettle Challenge
- Purdue, IU to play twice next season
- Rivalry resumes between Purdue and IU
- Purdue softball drops doubleheader with IU