FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WANE) — Police are investigating a shooting at the Meijer gas station on Lima Road that left one person dead.
Officers were called to the scene around 8:15 Thursday night on a report of a holdup alarm.
Preliminary information indicates the suspect was trying to rob the gas station when the shooting happened. Another employee was working inside the cooler area at the time of the shooting and was not hurt. There were no customers inside.
The suspect is described as a white man, approximately 17 to 20 years old with a thin build. He is about 5 feet 8 inches to 5 feet 11 inches tall. He was wearing a red long-sleeved Air Jordan T-shirt, black baggy jeans, black shoes and a black stocking cap with yellow writing on it.
He was last seen running northwest through the Meijer parking lot toward the garden center area.
Detectives are currently interviewing potential witnesses and reviewing surveillance video from the gas station and nearby businesses.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Fort Wayne Police Department at 260-427-1222 or 911.
The Allen County Coroner’s Office will release identity of the victim.
- Fort Wayne police searching for suspect in fatal gas station robbery
- Man arrested for armed robbery at Lafayette gas station
- Woman sentenced for fatal shooting at Fort Wayne motel
- Lafayette gas station robbed Monday morning
- Kokomo police searching for rape suspect
- Medical device supplier plans Fort Wayne expansion
- 3 dead in Fort Wayne shooting
- IPFW officially becomes Purdue University Fort Wayne
- Indiana gas stations teach staff to report human trafficking
- Pence family gas stations left costly environmental legacy