INDIANA (WLFI) — A new report has named Indiana the 10th fattest state in the country.
WalletHub compared all 50 states and Washington, D.C.
They were graded on three key factors – prevalence of obesity, health consequences, and food/fitness.
The top three fattest states were Mississippi, West Virginia, and Tennessee.
Earlier this year, Indianapolis was ranked 21 on a list of the "Fattest Cities in America."
WalletHub also named each state's top comfort foods.
Indiana's was sugar cream pie.
- Indiana brewery owners drop contentious beer names
- HIGHLIGHTS: Purdue eases by Rutgers for 10th straight win
- CC cruises past Carroll for 10th straight sectional title
- Purdue splits with Indiana State
- Subaru of Indiana exec named Business Leader of the Year
- Police name northern Indiana man fatally shot by deputies
- Romeo Langford named Indiana Mr. Basketball, Phinisee third place
- Indiana lawmakers consider state handgun licensing repeal
- Indiana State Fair begins annual 17-day extravaganza