LAPORTE COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) — Two people in LaPorte, Indiana face charges of incest and their child is now with Child Protective Services.
Fifty-three-year-old Jolly Sandifer and his daughter 35-year-old Nichole Murphy were arrested this week when police served a warrant at their home.
Investigators say the two were running a grow operation of marijuana.
Police found more than half a pound of marijuana and a little girl that was the product of Sandifer and Murphy's relationship.
She was given over to CPS.
"From this point on it's all going to be on CPS and what they do with her. Hopefully, they get this resolved and get her with a family member to take care of her," said Capt. Bill Degnegaard of the LaPorte Police Department.
Right now, Sandifer and Murphy are only facing charges for incest and nothing for the drugs found in their home.
Neighbors say they always thought the two were a married couple.
If convicted of incest, they face up to eight years in prison.
- Drug warrant leads to discovery of possible incest
- Traffic stop leads to discovery of drugs
- Discovery of drug cache leads to charges for Crawfordsville man
- Concussion research leads to new discovery
- Drug search OK despite address on Kokomo warrant being wrong
- 30-year master plan for Discovery Park revealed
- Discovery Park Project takes another step forward
- Traffic stop leads to large drug bust
- 300 high-tech jobs coming to Purdue's Discovery Park
- Supercars to be built at Purdue's Discovery Park