LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — A new festival came to Columbian Park Saturday.
The Arc of Tippecanoe County put on their first ever Arctober Fest.
Arctober Fest is an old-fashioned outdoor fall carnival, hosted by members of Arc.
Guests enjoyed a live DJ, dance contest, costume contest and much more.
Milissa O'Hern, executive director of Arc, said this event may be a first for them, but it won't be the last.
"This is gonna become an annual event for us, we enjoy Halloween and this is unique event, in that nobody else has one like it and we think this will be one of our signature events," said O'Hern.
Arc of Tippecanoe County hosts social programs for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities. All of the funds from Arctober Fest will go toward paying dues and putting on activities for members.
- Arctober Fest makes debut in Columbian Park
- LPD investigating overnight stabbing near Columbian Park
- Columbian Park Zoo opens for season
- Columbian Park Zoo preparing for Boo at the Zoo
- City looks to add more exhibits to Columbian Park Zoo
- Columbian Park Zoo hosts first ever Zoo Year's Eve Party
- Columbian Park Zoo saying goodbye to its 70-year-old tortoise
- Man found guilty of attempted murder in a shooting near Columbian Park
- WLFD debuts new equipment
- Spring Fest brings family fun to campus