LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — Saturday is your opportunity to snag winter accessories if you or someone you know is in need.
Items collected during the annual Coats for Kids Drive are almost ready to be distributed. This is the 7th year the Salvation Army in Lafayette has hosted the event.
If you need help staying warm this winter go to the Lafayette Adult Resource Academy Saturday morning. LARA is located at 1100 Elizabeth St # 3, Lafayette, IN 47904.
Around 1,500 coats were collected for those who need them. There are coats and winter accessories for children and adults to take home. This includes hats, gloves, and scarves.
Salvation Army Lt. Jessica Dahl said this would not be possible without the communities support.
"The community comes around and just wraps a big warm hug around those who are in need or may be worrying about what winter looks like for them," Dahl said. "It's just a really amazing opportunity and privilege to get to be a part."
The Salvation Army teamed up with several organizations to help with the Coats for Kids Drive. Organizations include WLFI, Arconic, Wabash National, Lazy Boy Furniture Gallery and surrounding Payless supermarkets.
The distribution will be held Saturday from 9 o'clock in the morning until noon.
"We couldn't put this off all by ourselves," said Dahl. "I couldn't get all those a thousand or 1,500 coats over to the gym to set it up by myself. So, the community really comes alongside us and we just are privileged to help be a part of that."
Any items that are left over will be taken to the Salvation Army in Lafayette to be picked up at a later time.
- Salvation Army Coats for Kids distribution day
- Salvation Army Prepares for Hurricane Florence
- Salvation Army struggles to find new locales for Red Kettles
- $1,200 gold coin found in Salvation Army kettle in Lafayette
- Indianapolis children’s museum, Salvation Army settle suit
- Lafayette Salvation Army is welcoming two new Lieutenants
- Salvation Army seeking volunteers for Emergency Disaster Service
- There's still time left to donate to Coats for Kids
- Leave the heavy coat behind for the next few days!
- Salvation Army's electronic red kettles accept your debit and credit cards