DELPHI, Ind. (WLFI) —Volunteers had a busy Saturday in Delphi as they worked to clean up Canal Park before winter.
Landscapers say taking care of the historic park is a year round job. They raked leaves, picked up trash and pulled weeds.
Linda Cooper is the park's landscape chair, she said they wanted to take advantage of clean-up while the weather is still nice.
"Our museum is open year round as well as our interpretive center and you can certainly come and see all the beautiful buildings here in Canal Park through the winter and we like our gardens to look nice as well," said Cooper.
- Volunteers prepare Canal Park for winter
- Tippecanoe County preparing for possible winter storm
- Lafayette Parks and Recreation begin winterization process
- EPA: Dredging begins at Indiana Harbor Ship Canal
- Weavers bring history back to life at Canal Days
- Columbian Park Zoo preparing for Boo at the Zoo
- Kids can volunteer to earn a free day at a Lafayette water park
- Take a trip back to the 1800s at Delphi's Canal Days Festival
- Lafayette Parks & Rec prepare for potential parasite in pools this summer
- TPA Park Pool preparing to open for the season after repairs