LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — Two veterans got a special surprise Saturday.
It happened at Christ United Methodist Church in Lafayette.
The Quilts for Kids group made them. They usually meet to make quilts for children in need, but Saturday they wanted to wrap their handmade blankets around servicemen.
Herbert Gentry was one person to receive a quilt of valor, the Vietnam War Veteran said Saturday made him feel valued.
"It just gives you a good feeling when they say thanks for your service and it makes you feel that it was all worth it in the end. Even though I wouldn't trade the time for anything," said Gentry.
- Two veterans awarded with quilts
- Tipp. Co. Commissioner awarded Legislative Service Award
- Lafayette receives "Stormwater Award"
- Local nurse receives international award
- TSC awarded STEM acceleration grant
- Veterans Day festivities at Purdue
- Veterans appreciation luncheon happening Saturday
- Vince Edwards makes Naismith Award watch list
- Purdue volleyball trio garners Big Ten awards
- 70-plus Indiana communities awarded 'Frankenstein' grants