WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — If you live in West Lafayette, you may notice big trucks sucking up leaves over the next few weeks.
Pickup starts Tuesday and will continue on through December.
One of the most important things to make sure of is that there are no sticks in leaf piles.
The sanitation department also asks that leaves be raked 12 inches away from the curb and that they are out by the Monday of the scheduled pickup week.
If that date is missed, workers will also collect them from containers on the regularly scheduled garbage pickup days, however, leaves in plastic bags will not be picked up.
Ben Anderson, West Lafayette Street commissioner, says it's important to keep your yard clean.
"We're picking them up to keep them out of our storm drains, and sanitary sewers is the prime reason for picking those up," said Anderson. "There's lots of health issues with them from mold to mosquitoes."
• To see a detailed map and a complete list of pickup dates visit the West Lafayette Brush and Yard Waste site online.
- West Lafayette leaf pickup begins Tuesday
- West Lafayette begins planning for Lindberg Road construction
- School ends, summer begins for West Lafayette schools
- Lafayette Jeff, West Lafayette schedule football series
- West Lafayette pools open Thursday
- Lafayette Parks and Recreation begin winterization process
- Final Phase of West Lafayette State Street Project begins in March
- West Lafayette's George Karlaftis commits to Purdue
- Benton Central tops West Lafayette 44-39
- HIGHLIGHTS: West Lafayette 75, Attica 37 (BBB)