TOPEKA, Ind. (AP) — Authorities say a woman and her 15-year-old daughter died after their horse-drawn buggy was struck by a car in northern Indiana.
The buggy was hit from behind Saturday in the LaGrange County community of Topeka.
Authorities say 44-year-old Velda C. Miller of Ligonier and Melissa Jo Miller died in the crash. Velda Miller's 46-year-old husband was driving the buggy and was taken to a hospital with neck pain.
The sheriff's office says the 21-year-old driver of the car told them he had just passed another vehicle and hit the buggy while coming back into his lane. He was taken to a hospital with abdominal pain.
No charges have been filed and the crash is under investigation.
- 2 die when car crashes into buggy in northern Indiana
- Daviess Co. buggy crash sends 1 to hospital
- Officer cleared in shooting of boy, 13, in northern Indiana
- Large employer in northern Indiana county plans more layoffs
- Police name northern Indiana man fatally shot by deputies
- Police say skeletal remains found in northern Indiana city
- County in northern Indiana considers wind farm restrictions
- New bridge to take northern Indiana trail over state highway
- 2 crew hurt when freight train derails in northern Indiana
- Trump's northern Indiana rally moving to larger venue