UPDATE: The passenger killed in a two-vehicle crash on Wednesday has been identified as 35-year-old John Brett of Shoals.
MARTIN COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) — An auto crash that occurred on US 231 Wednesday morning has claimed the lives of two people.
At around 8:20 a.m., 60-year-old Kevin Sears of Odon was traveling northbound on US 231, when for reasons unknown, his car veered into the southbound lane near County Road 700 North.
This took him directly into the path of another vehicle driven by 29-year-old Zachary Greene of Loogootee causing a crash.
The Martin County Coroner pronounced Sears dead at the scene. Greene and a passenger were taken to a hospital in Jasper.
The passenger was later transferred to a hospital in Evansville, where he died from his injuries. The family has not yet been notified.
Greene's injuries were not reported to be life-threatening. The crash is still under investigation.
ISP was assisted by the Martin County Sheriff’s Department, Loogootee Fire Department, and Southwest Medical.
- 2 dead in Martin County crash
- Clinton County man found dead after crash
- One dead in Cass County crash
- UPDATE: One dead in White County crash
- 3 dead after Wabash County crash
- Fugitive found: Wesley Jerome Martin
- Trayvon Martin Shooting Fast Facts
- 2 dead after Montmorenci crash
- Woman Dead After Crashing Into Utility Pole in Lackawanna County
- 1 dead after car crashes into Warren County home