LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — Two members of the Lafayette Police Department will soon be safer on the streets. K-9's Rocky and Cezar are getting new bulletproof and stab-protective vests.
Each vest is valued at nearly $2,000.
They weigh around four to five pounds each.
The vests are being donated by the nonprofit organization Vested Interest in K9s.
Since starting in 2009, Vested Interest has given out more than 2,700 protective vests across 50 states.
Rocky and Cezar should get their new gear in the next eight to ten weeks.
- 2 LPD K-9 units to receive bulletproof vests
- CNN's Anderson Cooper donates bulletproof vest to WLPD K-9
- Lafayette K-9 will receive new vest
- Two K-9s with LPD get new protective vests
- A new bulletproof vest carrier for police officers on the market.
- Local business gives back to LPD K-9 Program
- Heartford House receives generous donation from LPD
- LPD receives a new fleet of vehicles
- Sheriff’s Office welcomes 2 new K-9 units
- LPD celebrates distinguished officer