WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. — For the eighth straight year, Purdue head coach Matt Painter will participate in the Infiniti Coaches Charity Challenge it was announced Tuesday. Painter will once represent the Smith Family BReaK Thru Fund.
Painter has finished in the top four in each of the seven previous years, including winning $100,000 for the foundation during the 2015 event, as Purdue fans stuffed the online polls to win the national Challenge. Purdue fans are encouraged to vote every day to help Coach Painter raise money for the Smith Family BReaK Thru Fund.
During the seven years of the event, Painter has helped raise over $200,000 for the charity.
The program pits 48 NABC coaches from the nation's top programs in a fan-vote challenge, with Infiniti's total contribution exceeding $300,000. Now in its sixth year, Infiniti will make a $100,000 contribution to the winning coach's designated charity.
The Smith Family BReaK Thru Fund is a West Lafayette-based organization whose mission is to fund research to fight Niemann-Pick Type C Disease (NPC). The fund was set up by a family with three children impacted by NPC, and has funded more than $300,000 in research at Purdue since its inception in 2008.
For 10 weeks, 48 coaches compete in a round-robin bracket tournament for the chance to win $100,000 for charity. The tournament is divided into four rounds. The coaches with the most votes will advance to the next round and earn more money for their charity.
- Matt Painter to again participate in Infiniti Coaches Charity Challenge
- Vote for Matt Painter in the INFINITI Coaches' Charity Challenge
- Matt Painter weighs-in on Purdue football's turnaround
- Purdue MBB up to No. 17 in AP Poll, Matt Painter reflects on 300th career win
- Plot thickens, but Purdue’s Painter still says Haas unlikely
- Early signing period creates more challenges for new coaches
- Frankfort community members participate in peaceful march
- Sylvan students learn the lessons of charity
- Holcomb challenged by Kentucky governor
- Purdue hosts annual 5k Challenge