INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — Indianapolis International Airport leaders say it saw a record number of 8.77 million passengers last year.
Airport officials say its number of passengers on both arriving and departing flights jumped about 3 percent from 2016, following a 6.4 percent jump from 2015. The Indianapolis Business Journal reports the 2017 passenger figure topped the airport's previous record of 8.52 million passengers set in 2005.
Airport executive Marsha Stone says it had five record-breaking months last year, with June being the busiest month as it served nearly 420,000 passengers.
Information from: Indianapolis Business Journal, http://www.ibj.com
- Indianapolis airport sets passenger record during 2017
- Indianapolis airport gets kiosks for international travelers
- Suburban Indianapolis airport gets $1.5M in improvements
- Purdue professor sets world record
- Indianapolis art institute among 18 campuses set for closure
- Indianapolis Zoo opening new exhibits
- Indiana had record number of drug overdose deaths in 2017
- Colts' Vinatieri gets new deal, chance to set scoring record
- Number of women running for US House seats sets record
- School bus violations set new record in Indiana