TIPPECANOE COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) - Authorities are investigating after an inmate died in the Tippecanoe County Jail.
Edrie Scott Hunt died in his jail cell Friday afternoon just after 2:00 p.m. Captain Tom Lehman said the 58-year-old died as paramedics were performing CPR on him. He was then taken to an area hospital and was pronounced dead.
Lehman said there is no foul play suspected in his death. The Tippecanoe County Coroner's Office and the Tippecanoe Sheriff's Office are still investigating.
Hunt had been in jail since March 14 after an all-day standoff. Deputies arrived at Hunt's home to serve two felony arrest warrants.
Investigators said Hunt pulled a handgun, threatened deputies and threatened to kill himself. Officers negotiated with Hunt over the next several hours.
He eventually surrendered and was taken into custody. Hunt was charged with intimidation and resisting law enforcement.
- Authorities investigate Tippecanoe County Jail inmate's death
- Tippecanoe County Jail scans more than inmates
- Man attacks fellow inmate in Tippecanoe County Jail
- Tippecanoe County Jail getting new captain
- Police investigate shooting in Tippecanoe County
- Tippecanoe County's growing gains
- Tippecanoe County Sheriff reacts to drugs in jail
- Tippecanoe County Jail installing new video visitation system
- Fentanyl exposure at Allen County jail traced to inmate mail
- Three inmates escape from Tennessee jail