The Golden Globes were way more interesting than we knew.
Appearing on "Jimmy Kimmel Live" Monday, venerable actress Meryl Streep revealed that singer Mariah Carey took her place at the table during the awards ceremony in Los Angeles on Sunday night.
"B**** stole my seat," Streep joked.
Streep went on to explain that she returned to her assigned seat to find Carey in her place next to Steven Spielberg "sucking up."
"So, she said, 'Oh my God, they made me sit down,'" Streep explained, before adding how producers make the stars take a seat quickly when coming back from a commercial break.
Streep jokingly added that she offered to sit on Carey's lap, "Why not? It looked comfy."
Carey popped on Twitter to explain.
"Got caught mingling on the way to the loo during a commercial break... took the first seat available, happens to be right next to Steven Spielberg," she tweeted. "Cut to next commercial break, guess who comes back to her seat."
The singer offered her version of what happened next.
"(me) Dear Meryl, please forgive me!! (MERYL STREEP) You can take my seat any time," Carey tweeted.
Streep joked about Carey stealing her Golden Globes seat
Carey tweeted her version of events
- Meryl Streep jokes Mariah Carey 'stole' her Globes seat
- Meryl Streep Fast Facts
- Mariah Carey Fast Facts
- Mariah Carey reveals bipolar disorder
- Meryl Streep responds to Rose McGowan's slam
- Meryl Streep, more nominees react to Oscar nominations
- Meryl Streep joins 'Big Little Lies' Season 2
- Mariah Carey revela que sufre de trastorno bipolar
- Why Mariah Carey's 17 years of silence break my heart
- Aparente campaña de desprestigio contra Meryl Streep en las calles de Los Ángeles