Michael Pe-a and Diego Luna will star in the upcoming fourth season of "Narcos."
The announcement was made by Netflix in a short teaser video on Tuesday. Production of the new season is already underway in Mexico City, Mexico.
This is the second time that Pe-a and Luna have worked together. Luna cast Pe-a in his directorial debut, "Cesar Chaez" in 2014.
The first two seasons of the Netflix drama focused on Pablo Escobar's cartel, including the efforts by the DEA and Colombian authorities to capture him, culminating with the drug lord's death in 1993.
Season 3 segued to Colombia's Cali cartel, ending with plot suggestion the storyline would move to Mexico in Season 4. Executive Producer Eric Newman said after the first season he wasn't concerned about finding new plot lines. "We plan on stopping when cocaine stops," he told Deadline.
No official date has yet been announced on when the new season will drop.
- Michael Pe-a, Diego Luna to star in 'Narcos' Season 4
- Enrique Pe-a Nieto Fast Facts
- Kushner heads to Mexico following Trump-Pe-a Nieto dispute
- Luna de Fresa 2018: ¿qué es y cuándo es el mejor momento para ver esta luna llena?
- McConnell team tweets 'Narcos' reference for Blankenship loss
- P.S. Don Blankenship wasn't amused by Mitch McConnell's 'Narcos' tweet
- Diego Luna, Iñárritu, Del Toro, Cuarón, Lafourcade y otras grandes figuras mexicanas se unen para 'El día después' de las elecciones
- WH official: Pe-a Nieto calls off visit to White House after confrontational call with Trump
- Muere John Young, pionero de la NASA y uno de los astronautas que pisó la luna
- Muere Alan Bean, la cuarta persona que caminó sobre la Luna