IT & Broadcast Engineer
WLFI, in West Lafayette, is seeking an IT and Broadcast Engineer. This individual will be responsible for installing and maintaining video, audio, and other equipment associated with television broadcasting. This includes server-based record and play-out systems, non-linear editors, production switchers, routing switchers, MPEG encoders, decoders, automation, newsroom computer systems, data networks, network serves, and broadcast transmission equipment.
• Assist with the building and installation of electronic systems and equipment
• Sets-up all new hire network log-in configurations, assists with new cell phone configurations
• Provide desktop support for standard business applications as well as specialized broadcast scheduling systems
• Develops and updates technical job skills, and provides training on new systems.
• Maintain the station's network infrastructure.
• Provide technical support to on-air and news operations
• Document all work, providing signal flow diagrams as required
• Perform all technical work to engineering standards and practices
• Other duties may be assigned
Other Qualifications and Requirements:
• Self-starter, able to work efficiently without direct supervision
• Microsoft and Cisco certifications are desirable
• Be able to read and understand technical materials
• Able to set priorities under pressure of deadlines
• Able to concentrate for long periods of time
• Hold a valid driver's license
• Must be flexible to accommodate shift changes including extended hours, weekends, and evenings
• Associate’s degree (AAS) in electronics or Information Technology is highly desirable
• Experience is not a must; recent graduates will be considered
• Broadcast experience is a plus, but not required
• Windows operating experience including Windows XP/Office 365, 7/Server, 2003/Windows, 2008/Red Hat Linux and Mac OSX. Previous project management experience preferred.
NOTE: This job description contains basic requirements for the position and is NOT intended to be a complete list of responsibilities; other duties may be assigned. Job offer contingent on Background Check and Drug Screen.