PSA Non-Profit Guidelines
Thank you for your interest in WLFI-TV. The following information should be helpful in determining if your event or request fits within the guidelines outlined by the station. Although WLFI-TV would like to fulfill every request, that is not possible with the volume that we receive. The following guidelines that the station follows ensure that each request is evaluated equally. A guideline of information that the station will need to evaluate your request is included. Please submit your information at least 6 weeks prior to your event. Thank you again for contacting WLFI-TV.
The following criteria will be evaluated for all requests. Each event or request should be able to meet the following criteria for consideration:
- Does your event: Add interest and value to our news viewers? Support a not-for-profit organization or enhance the image of WLFI-TV as a good corporate or community citizen?
- Will WLFI-TV be the exclusive TV partner?
- Does your event or program target a diverse population?
- Does your event or program address a community need?
- Is your event or program open to the public?
- Will you be able to offer WLFI-TV a recap report of the event and the reciprocal value of the partnership?
- What can your organization offer to WLFI-TV as the TV partner that will promote the station such as sign age, opportunities for our on air talent to be featured, inclusion in other media, on site announcements, etc.?
- WLFI-TV will not be able to honor requests from individuals for financial or station support for individual causes. If you have a special story that is newsworthy, please feel free to contact our news department.
- Does your event or program pay for advertising space to any other media? If so, then a special non-profit rate can be presented.
- WLFI-TV would expect to be the events only television partner.
- You can expect no more than a two week promotional run.
- You will need to contact WLFI-TV at least 6 weeks prior to your event.
- The WLFI-TV logo should be used on all promotional and collateral materials as a promotional partner.
- With the exception of other television media, WLFI-TV will be open to including other media partners in on air promotional spots provided the recognition of WLFI-TV is included in a reciprocal manner.
- Use of WLFI-TV logos must be approved by our promotion department prior to printing of any event materials.
- WLFI-TV will make every effort to schedule your promotional spots but in cases of breaking news and paid advertising demands we reserve the right to re-adjust the schedule as needed.
- Sponsorship agreements do not guarantee news coverage of your event. We will make every effort to provide the news department with information regarding the event and news will make the final decision on appropriate coverage.
- WLFI-TV will not include client logos on promotional spots. The logo of the organization and WLFI-TV or News Channel 18 will be the only logos on the promotional spot. If the organization or sponsor has purchased air time for the spot the logos of the sponsors will appear on the spot.
WLFI-TV encourages all organizations to explore the opportunities a paid on air campaign can provide for your event or program.
Sponsorship Information Needed
Please include the following information when submitting your request. FAX (765.237.5001) or mail to Promotions Manager, 2605 Yeager Road, West Lafayette, IN 47906. Thank you.
- Date of Application
- Contact Name, phone number, e-mail address
- Name of Organization, address, city, state, zip
- Organization, phone number, and fax
- Web site address (if applicable)
- Name of event
- Dates, times, & location of event
- Projected attendance
- Previous years (s) attendance (if applicable
- Number of years that event has been held
- Describe the event, its purpose and goal
- Describe the demographic profile of participants and attendees
- How does the event benefit the community?
- List how our participation will benefit WLFI-TV
- Is this a ticketed event? If so, please list the ticket prices and purchasing availability.
- List sponsors committed to date and other media partners
- How do you plan to promote your event? Please also list media that will be part of your paid advertising plan.
- Please list any current or anticipated level of advertising on WLFI-TV.
State police and the Indiana Department of Transportation say public safety is being endangered by metal scrappers.
People across Indiana are bundling up against colder temperatures than parts of the state saw in either of the past two winters.
An attorney for a southern Indiana man charged with murder in the death of his 20-year-old nephew says the shooting was an accident.